Message from Pamela Creekmur
Do The Right Thing!
Pamela B. Creekmur
The Health Department remains committed to fulfilling its mission:
- to protect the public's health;
- to assure the availability of access to quality health care services; and
- to promote individual and community responsibility for the prevention of disease and disability.
We never lose sight of these three critical mandates, and throughout the year, we have established programs and events aimed to revolutionize and enhance the quality of life of our residents by encouraging them to drink more water, exercise more often, and control their food portions. In addition, our chronic disease prevention and management programs are stronger than ever. Each step of the way, we have striven to make what we say and do uncomplicated!
We are especially targeting our residents who continue to engage in behaviors that have an adverse effect on their personal and community health and well-being, such as smoking, using illegal drugs, abusing alcohol, not exercising, and over eating. The Health Department is doing its parts. We encourage residents to do theirs. In other words, we all must Do the Right Thing at the same time in order to effect change.
We invite all of our residents, both young and old to:
- Take advantage of our Recipes on the Run food demonstrations.
- Locate and participate in a Farmers Markets nearest you.
- Download our 2014-2015 Health & Wellness calendar and use the information in it.
- Participate in our Cancer Surveys whenever they become available.
- Find out more about the new Hope2 Cancer Support Community coalition. Know that you are not alone.
- Learn best practices about water consumption in Prince George’s County.
- Follow our Bad Rap campaign aimed at reducing alcohol, drug, and tobacco use and abuse in the county.
- Visit mypgchealthyrevolution.org often to stay informed about your health.
- Sign up here to receive free healthy information and tips via email and texting. Read our e-Newsletter, Healthy Revolution News;
- Communicate with us through social media such as Facebook and Twitter. We are soon expanding to Vine, Instagram, Slideshare, Pinterest and others in our overall social media community outreach efforts.
Let's Get Busy,
Pamela B. Creekmur